The BRK hardwire combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detects two dangers with one easy device. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, lethal gasoline. It can be emitted by resources like gasoline or oil furnaces, gasoline outfits dryers, water heating units, fireplaces, wooden stoves, charcoal grills, gasoline ranges, and room heating units. A clogged chimney, poor venting, and connected garages can also lead to carbon monoxide accumulation. According to the Customer Merchandise Protection Commission (CPSC), at least one CO alarm must be installed around a home's sleeping spot.
The BRK SC9120 hardwire combination smoke and CO alarm with battery backup includes these characteristics:
- Quick plug-in energy connector for straightforward installation.
- one hundred twenty-volt Air conditioner inter-connectable (with highest 18 suitable devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to twelve other suitable smoke alarms and 6 suitable devices like bells, horns, repeaters and doorway closers. If one device triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the sequence will tone. Energy indicators display which device in the sequence initiated the alarm.
- Ionization sensor which is much more effective at detecting flaming fires which consume combustible components rapidly and distribute quickly.
- Microprocessor controlled for less nuisance alarms.
- Solitary test/silence button which each silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and makes it possible for you to test the unit's functionality.
- Automatically performs inside test of functionality.
- Latching alarm indicator which routinely identifies which device initiated the alarm.
- Different smoke and carbon monoxide visible and audible warnings.
- Battery drawer lock and mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance.
- Air conditioner energy indicator and alarm indicator gentle.
- Very low battery warning "chirp" and absent battery tab.
- nine-volt battery backup for peace of brain during energy outages.
All BRK Electronics carbon monoxide alarms are listed to UL Protection Normal 2034 for household carbon monoxide alarms. Contains nine-volt backup battery. five-year confined guarantee.--Bree Norlander
What's in the Box
A single combination smoke and CO alarm, one nine-volt battery, and user's handbook